Product Suggestions

Welcome to the Monitis Product Suggestions Forum.

Help us improve Monitis by voicing your opinion and sharing your ideas with us. You can also vote for ideas posted by others. The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider in our product development planning. Please note, that you have a limited number of votes.

Please send any support related questions to support@monitis.com instead of posting them here.

I suggest you…

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for NOC-style wall-mounted monitors

Support for big wall-mounted monitors. Includes optimized large scale views, automatic tab rotation (tabs auto-activate every several minutes), vocal alarm, etc.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Linking Monitors on Alerts

Ability to assign alerts depending on the behavior on two or more related monitors. E.g. send an alert if both monitors fail simultaneously.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Core: Alerts  ·  Admin →
  3. 64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. several instances of same monitor on different tabs

Ability to have the same monitor on different tabs in the dashboard.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Core: Dashboard  ·  Admin →
  5. "Custom" TCP (and maybe UDP) Monitors

Add the ability to the basic TCP (and UDP, although TCP should be easier) monitors that will allow simple send and/or receive rules. This would allow a wide range of custom or obscure protocols to be monitored, without you having to develop a specific monitor for each.

For example, to monitor a TCP service that always responds with a certain output upon connection, the "custom TCP monitor" would have a rule (maybe a string match or regex) that would simply look for some part of that output upon a successful connection.

For a TCP service that is expecting something from…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Monitis Agent for MacOs X servers

A Mac monitoring agent with the same functionality as our Linux and Windows agents.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Customizable body and subject lines for PROBLEM and RECOVERY alerts

Customizing the email body and subject lines for PROBLEM and RECOVERY alerts allows enterprises to custom tailor the alerts to their corporate email templates

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. App for Windows Phone

When app will be available for Wndows Phone 8.0 ?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. RPM / DEB packages for the Linux monitoring agent

The Monitoring Agent needs to be installed by hand. This can be very time consuming.

A rpm package or a deb package for debian would be great. maybe directly in a third party repository where it can be easyly updated. That would make the update much much easier.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Assign alerts to a contact group

Ability to assign alert rules (single monitor, group of monitors) to a contact group

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Custom date range selection for dashboards and reports

Currently I can only select today, last 24 hours, last 3 days, last 7 days or a spesific date.

I would like to be able to select a date range with some kind of date picker (look at google analytics for inspiration)
    That way I can compare the charts from monitis with other tracking tools like Google Analytics, Adwords or Sitecatalyst.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Core: Dashboard  ·  Admin →
  12. Have DNS uptime monitoring support CNAME

Today, the DNS uptime monitoring only supports A-records, but we would like to see support for CNAMEs as well.

Option 1) is only to match agains the CNAME string.
    Option 2) is that you recursively resolve the CNAME until you end up with a A record you can match against

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Configurable Y-axis/Consistency in monitors

Ability to configure (setting min and max value) Y-axis in the charts for easier visual comparison of different monitors. Currently Monitis scales the graphs for the different servers based on that server’s data. The result is that by glancing at the graphs it looks like one server is outperforming another, when really it is not.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve Alerts/Notifications: Sounds / Detail / Browser-Mobile Unification

I can't tell Monitis alerts apart from the other alerts I receive. That's a problem because Monitis alerts typically have a "stop what you're doing and fix me" type severity to them, which they're not currently receiving because I miss them.

So, to improve this, here's what I'd like to see:

1) Alert Policy Sound/Vibration Settings:
    Vibration patterns/sounds set at the Alert Policy level that can be used by any monitor. Would like the ability to pick from a few curated sounds, or upload my own. Should be used equally by html5 browser alerts and mobile push notifications.

2) Unique…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Uptime & SLA reports for last 3 or 6 or 12 months

Hello Team,

I am wondering if Monitis can avail a Dashboard for Uptime and SLA reports, where we can view and can export the reports for last 3 or 6 or 12 months reports.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Network or World map

can we have monitor mapping on a big world map or let us draw our basic network diagram..

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. StatusPage.io Integration

Integration with StatusPage.io for automatically triggering outage status changes and also supporting public uptime metrics in StatusPage

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  core  ·  Admin →
  18. Alarm Sound

The ability to trigger a sound on the computer used to run the dashboard so that an audible alarm is plated from computer speakers.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow user to view the normal dashboard website if desired (i.e. NOT be redirected to the mobile-site) when logging in via iPhone

Accessing the mobile site forces the user to log in twice and has many limitations once you're logged in (can't view bandwidth/diskIO/Tomcat graphs, can't configure alerts, etc). Providing a prompt at login to determine if the user wants to be redirected to the mobile site would suffice. Alternatively, a URL param could be employed for power-users instead (monitis.com/?m=0)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?