Product Suggestions

Welcome to the Monitis Product Suggestions Forum.

Help us improve Monitis by voicing your opinion and sharing your ideas with us. You can also vote for ideas posted by others. The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider in our product development planning. Please note, that you have a limited number of votes.

Please send any support related questions to support@monitis.com instead of posting them here.

I suggest you…

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. problem alert email should include details regarding the Transaction that failed

currently when a SIP check failed, we only receive a email notification stating that there was a problem
    i would like to see added the "SIP" OPTIONS message that was SENT to the Endpoint being monitored,... its useful when i want to look back at my SIP Endpoints and see how long it took for a reply to be sent, and i can further review whats taking the server so long to respond... currently i dont know which OPTIONS message i need to review, because i dont have the Call-ID of the OPTIONS call etc

having a traceroute also show…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. If a transaction monitor fails then re-execute that test immediately after 1 minute

If a transaction monitor fails then re-execute that test immediately after 1 minute to check failure consistency and then send alerts. So in this case no need to wait for 15 mins for next execution to happen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Get reports using API by month or time window

Add a method to the monitis API to get reports with averages of uptime and response time for all/selected monitors in a given month or for a certain time window.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Core: API  ·  Admin →
  4. Gather metric values from HTML page using xpath / regexp

Support for HTTP / HTTPS Website Parsing (select value from response HTML as metric-value). So a web-server could return a HTML page with custom metric values, written out in HTML Elements flagged with a ID attribute, and the monitor would gather these values using an xpath or regexp expression.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow to auto-rotate tabs

Allow to auto-rotate tabs
    I have a big screen on the wall with monitis in full screen but I would like to click a kind of "play" button on the tabs line to allow for auto rotating tabs at a defined interval (for example spending 10 seconds on each tab).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to further customise the date/time periods for (email) reporting.

It would be good if you were able to further customise the reporting period of the emailed reports, to be able to report only on a specific time frame of that day. I.e. Daily report for Uptime Monitor statistics between 9am - 5pm only. Same with the weekly report: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm etc.

Preferably you would be able to customise this date range for whatever period/date/time range you wanted.

At the moment the only way I've found to get around this, is you have to schedule maintenance for all monitors so that those time periods are not included in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Monitor video live streaming

it would be great to monitor a live stream feed. For example, we stream live on youtube.com this stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VDaXedhckg
    Sometimes, the stream goes down, but the website still stays up, I would like to be notified email/text when the video stops playing.
    Same request, but for multiple/different websites that play video, I would like to monitor video.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add support for Solaris 11.3 OS (x64)

smagent for Solaris/x86

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Full page load: Support option for weeks, months and year

For the full page load diagram I'd need the option to chose not only the last seven days, but also the last weeks, months and year.
    Only with this option it is possible to have a great overview of the development of the site performance .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  core  ·  Admin →
  11. Group Maintenance Window Management

Would love to see better maintenance window management. Currently I can create a window and apply it to a group, which is great, but if I add something to that group, it does not automatically apply this window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. tip

I set a full page load alert to look for a string but my monitor is failing. I do see the string on the UI but the monitor can not find it. The string is broken into a few spans and thus im assuming the monitor test cant find it and fails but it would be nice to have some time of troubeshooting tips for when my monitors are failing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. guidance

I am new to monitis. UI looks clean and it looks I can do a lot but I have no idea what I should do and how. It would be very helpful to have a Top 10 Q&A link and also a list of the top 10 most common monitors and use cases so I can quickly see the value in using this service

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple browser tabs

I want to see the multiple tabs cycle through rather than manually having to click on each one. This would be useful for wallboard style use. Or a way in which these can be opened in multiple browser tabs?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →
  15. Screen/dashboard refresh stop closing full screen

When Monitis dashboard is placed in full screen mode, it closes full screen mode when it refreshes. Can this be stopped so after each refresh full screen mode remains on.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →
  16. implement a monitor which analyses the site speed of a website based on information of google insights.

This monitor suggest possible optimizations of the websites and shows a historic graph which shows how performance increases/decreases based on values like performance scores...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to add notes on charts at specific points.

Able to make notes that show up on charts at given points. (eg. Hardware failure, International link problems, Restarted, etc).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Daily Alerts for Failed Monitors

I'd like to be able to set an alarm to send out a daily email while an alarm is in a fail state. Example: We had an alert go out for a low HD space monitor. Unfortunately...we missed the alert. Three months later (last night) the HD ran out of space and the server crashed.
    The option to send the alert on a daily basis would make sure we will not miss a single (very important) alert.

Many thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reduced IP Criteria for Dashboard Restrictions

Allow less definable criteria for allowed IPs to view dashboards. I.e. First two octets of IP - so if you own large ip ranges you can be less specific.

***Ref Feature request 31804***

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. TVM is down

TVM is down

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)