Product Suggestions

Welcome to the Monitis Product Suggestions Forum.

Help us improve Monitis by voicing your opinion and sharing your ideas with us. You can also vote for ideas posted by others. The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider in our product development planning. Please note, that you have a limited number of votes.

Please send any support related questions to support@monitis.com instead of posting them here.

I suggest you…

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alerting with dependencies

Add dependencies to services. So don't alert all the webservers if the primary router discovered as failed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Group Maintenance Window Management

Would love to see better maintenance window management. Currently I can create a window and apply it to a group, which is great, but if I add something to that group, it does not automatically apply this window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Daily Alerts for Failed Monitors

I'd like to be able to set an alarm to send out a daily email while an alarm is in a fail state. Example: We had an alert go out for a low HD space monitor. Unfortunately...we missed the alert. Three months later (last night) the HD ran out of space and the server crashed.
    The option to send the alert on a daily basis would make sure we will not miss a single (very important) alert.

Many thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Monitis integration with Mattermost

It would be great to have possibility to integrate alerting to mattermost (https://about.mattermost.com/) using webhooks. It would be greater to have to be able create webhooks (JSON definition) by-self in Monitis. With this possibility Monitis will be very flexible for upcoming integrations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Configurable Continuous Alerts

Configurable continuous alerts.

The ability to configure continuous alerts to notify you of an issue each day (on a scheduled time) even if monitor has not recovered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Acknowledge CALL alerts

Ongoing call alerts keep coming, even though an admin is already up and investigating the problem. This is pretty annoying, as every contact keeps getting at least one (unnecessary) call per minute. There should be a possibility to acknowledge call alerts, which would make the calls stop for all contacts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alert me when there are no new data for specific MonitorID.

I'm missing a feature to get alerted when there are no new data in Monitis database for a defined time and MonitorID. Might be useful for - for example - monitoring functionality / outage of Custom Monitors.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Webhook alerts in a specific format: Json or XML to be sent to a variable called msg

Allow post request to be configurable with custom variable names and additional custom variables.

Usage example : Notification API requires username, password and message variables to be sent.

Something like this :
    $_POST[‘username’] = ‘userdefinedusername’;
    $_POST[‘password’] = ‘userdefinedpassword’;
    $_POST[‘msg’] = '{json_message}’;

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better and Easier Maintenance Periods

A more intuitive way of being able to set maintenance periods.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Core: Alerts  ·  Admin →
  10. Monitis - ZenDesk integration

Support integration allowing Monitis alerts to register in ZenDesk as incidents.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. manually remove alerts from history

manually remove alerts from history

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Understandable phone alert voice.

A more understandable phone alert voice. Maybe slow it down a bit or allow users to record their own phone message for each alert.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Only alert once on failure instead of constantly for Uptime monitors

It would be nice to turn off CONSTANT alerts. I thought there was a way to do that so it only alerted the first time it fails and then when it recovers, but I can't find the option anywhere. If it exists, maybe it needs to be placed under the page that opens when you click the 'gear' icon on a monitor.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Alert rules templates

Ability to create alert templates so that these can be added globally to multiple monitors, rather than configuring individual alerts per monitor.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Flapping Detection (stable monitor before alerting of online)

Currently we receive an alert when a service comes back online. My proposal is to add a delay to this, which checks that the server is online for several minutes without downtime before sending this alert.

Reason for this is to prevent a server that has issues and constantly go's up and down to be marked as online.

This is a problem when using monitis in combination with nsone, because the DNS provider would receive an alert from monitis that the server is back up and would start routing traffic to it. While in fact the server may still be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for multiple alert thresholds for monitors

E.G. for transactions, if the monitor has a timeout alert of 15sec, I want to get an alert... even though it still completes within 30sec. My second alert threshold would be 30sec, indicating site down, and get another alert.

Essentially for each monitor I would like to be able to set multiple timeout thresholds for alerts.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Core: Alerts  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a "Test SMS" option when configuring alerts.

Add a "Test SMS" option when configuring alerts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't send so many SMS alerts when there is a series of short downtimes

When there is a series of short downtimes, Mandrill sends too many SMS alerts that are not really needed. For example, if there are 50 1-minute downtimes in 4 hours, Mandrill will send 50 failure alerts and 50 recovery alerts = 100 SMS alerts. But I don't need 100 alerts! I already know that there is a problem.

I suggest an alternative approach, while current approach can be kept as default option:
    1. Send failure alert immediately
    2. Send "You are still having problem" alert after 15 minutes
    3. Send subsequent "You are still having problem" alert after 1 hour …

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support alerting schedule overnight (e.g. 5pm until 6am)

Alerts should be able to be set active over night. e.g. from 5pm until 6am. At the moment, only day time ranges are possible or 24/7.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the recovery alert add info about current value of the metric

For example a disk space recovery message should be include the new value. If you now have a disk space alert it will say current value is 5.5GB free and threshold is 6GB which is ok. If this recovers, maybe hours or days later, it only says that "it is s within limits" but does not show whatever the new actual value.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base