Product Suggestions

Welcome to the Monitis Product Suggestions Forum.

Help us improve Monitis by voicing your opinion and sharing your ideas with us. You can also vote for ideas posted by others. The number of votes will be one of the factors we consider in our product development planning. Please note, that you have a limited number of votes.

Please send any support related questions to support@monitis.com instead of posting them here.

I suggest you…

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. free low frequency monitoring, weekly reporting

Free very low frequency monitoring, weekly reporting.
    than k you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. problem alert email should include details regarding the Transaction that failed

currently when a SIP check failed, we only receive a email notification stating that there was a problem
    i would like to see added the "SIP" OPTIONS message that was SENT to the Endpoint being monitored,... its useful when i want to look back at my SIP Endpoints and see how long it took for a reply to be sent, and i can further review whats taking the server so long to respond... currently i dont know which OPTIONS message i need to review, because i dont have the Call-ID of the OPTIONS call etc

having a traceroute also show…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to add notes on charts at specific points.

Able to make notes that show up on charts at given points. (eg. Hardware failure, International link problems, Restarted, etc).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alert Sounds

Add some alert sounds so we can be notified asap whenever the email alert were delayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Failed monitors view

Bonjour,

Dans votre interface web le module "Filed monitor view" est vide si il n'y a pas d'alerte, il serait intéressant de faire comme sur votre application android, d'afficher un message par défaut " Good Work you do not have failed monitors" au lieu de laisser un espace vide.

Cordialement,

Jonathan
    Directeur technique

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Specify 'successful' HTTP Response Codes

We'd like to specific the Response Code we expect to be returned. If we expect a 200 and then this changes to a 301 we'd expect this to trigger a failure in some cases.

Option to select one or multiple 'success' codes. Some tests would be specific to a 200 other could be either 200 or 301 or 302 etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. One-way agent-to-agent network quality monitoring

Our idea is for using Monitis for true network quality monitoring (latency, loss, jitter) between different company locations and/or the public Internet. Right now we can only monitor ping/icmp from a Monitis remote location to devices at our locations. It would be nice if we could monitor network quality between our site1 and site2 for example. One way that this could be done is using an agent that gets installed on a end-user host at each of their locations. The Agents could then be programmed to send test traffic back and forth between eachother at regular intervals. This way the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Set custom User-Agent.

At the moment the User-Agent used for SIP-monitors is "check_sip" . Some times same User-Agent is used for malicious scanning. If possible to set custom User-Agent can be possible to black list "check_sip" without braking the monitis sip-monitoring service.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide pricing for small businesses

I've been using the free test account and I love it. So I went to upgrade to a paid account however I can't get the monitoring I need because it falls below the minimum threshold.

I love this service – very easy to use, great functionality and a clean, good looking UI – I’d be really disappointed if I can't use it because of this technicality.
    There are not many businesses out there that won't accept money from their customers when the customer actually want's to pay them for a service!

I have 4 websites I need monitored from three…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MPLS Nodes

Must be able to monitor MPLS nodes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sending traceroutes on OK result as well

To include on the recovery alert immediately following the failure a healthy version of the trace route.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. NAS Monitoring

SMB and/or NFS monitoring for Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show response code and root cause analysis for uptime failures

Root cause analysis for failures with HTTP uptime probes. Pingdom has this and it will show if there is a redirect loop for example while Monitis just shows a failure.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automate email of SLA Uptime Report

Automate email for SLA Uptime report. It's much more useful that the daily/weekly Uptime Report, especially for mgmt. I like the last 24, 7day, and 30 days stats on one page the most.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support +norecurse option on dns checks

Some DNS service providers block DNS queries without +norecurse option during DOS mitigation. I would like to configure the DNS checks with +norecurse option set.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add support for HTTP/2 protocol

Support for the HTTP/2 protocol, so that we can monitor our servers using this new protocol.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. UDP monitor registering response for port 500 (IKE) traffic

UDP Monitor specifically for port 500 (IKE) traffic. Currently, the monitor does not try to successfully build a tunnel which in turn results in the Monitis UDP monitor not to register a response even though the port is listening.

This would be helpful to monitor Port 500, IKE traffic specifically, is open and listening.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Scheduled automatic outage reports

Dear,
    while you can create an outage report and have reports sent automatically it is not possible to have the outage report sent automatically.
    This is very important for us as it allows us to calculate the uptime based on our own formula explained in our SLA towards our customer.

Kind regards,
    Esko

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a monitor type for DNS servers (not Zones)

Monitis currently allows you to create DNS monitors, with the purpose of monitoring if a certain DNS Zone (a domain name) can be resolved to an IP or a set of IP's.

What this monitor excels at is just that - but it doesn't quite cut it when we want to monitor actual DNS Nameservers instead.

A workaround I'm using is creating multiple DNS monitors, for multiple domain names (because you can't monitor the same domain name multiple times), each with their own nameserver (the servers I want to monitor).

Instead of just checking if the server responds (basically any…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have the ability to have server's IP\DNS based monitors.

In our kind of work, we have lots of servers duplicated with different IP \ DNS.
    If Monitis agent know to monitor the server based on his IP \ DNS, no false notification will be send to us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base